I saw this recipe on Pinterest quite a few times. Thought it was the perfect cookie to bake after being stuck in the house after 3 days from a snowstorm. I am ready for the snow to melt. (Sorry snowmen!)
Makes 15 to 20 Melting Snowman Cookies
Sugar Cookies (recipe below)
Royal Icing (recipe below)
15 to 20 marshmallows
Mini chocolate chips
1. Make and bake the cookies and icing as per the below recipes.
2. Let the cookies cool, and spread the thinned out icing over the cookies, letting some drip over the edges.
3. Place the marshmallows on a microwave-safe plate and zap them for 10-15 seconds until puffed out.
4. Smoosh down lightly on the cookies.
5. Place mini chocolate chips, three in a row below, the marshmallow.
6. Let the icing dry completely – at least an hour.
7. Using the ink pen, add on arms and faces to your cookies.
SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour
1. preheat oven to 400˚F
2. cream butter and sugar.
3. add egg and vanilla blending well.
4. blend in flour.
5. place dough on parchment paper and chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
6. roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and use round cookie cutter to make circles.
7. bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes.
ROYAL ICING RECIPE
3 cups confectionery sugar
3 oz. egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1. blend egg whites and vanilla in stand mixer.
2. add confectionery sugar.
found on Pinterest