This recipe was given to me by my college roomate’s mother. (Thanks Mrs. B!) I wish I could make this more often cause it is absolutely delicious, but unfortunately bananas don’t last too long in my house before they are eaten. When I made this the other day I had set 4 bananas to the side a few days prior so they would ripen enough that I could make the bread. As stated in the recipe, I added walnuts, but if you don’t have any at hand, the bread tastes just as good without them. Enjoy!
4 bananas (very ripe – blackened peel)
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2. Place bananas in a small bowl and mash up with a fork. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a second small bowl. Set aside.
4. Using a stand mixer, blend butter and sugar for 10-15 seconds or until creamy.
5. Add eggs and lemon juice to butter sugar mixture.
6. Add mashed bananas. Continue mixing.
7. Add in dry ingredients. (flour, baking soda, cinnamon)
8. Add walnuts.
9. Pour mixture into greased loaf pan.
10. Bake for 55 min in oven.
11. Remove from oven. Use knife to cut around the edges to help lift bread from pan and place on a cooling rack.
(For banana muffins, pour dough into muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes)