I was introduced to Nutella about 3 months ago, and wonder now how I ever lived without it. I love chocolate chip cookies so when I saw a recipe for them that included Nutella, I couldn’t resist! Yummm!
1½ cups all purpose Gold Medal flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 tablespoons Nutella (1 tablespoon per cookie)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F, and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray, place aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Take a scoop of dough and flatten in the palm of your hand. Add a spoonful of Nutella into the center. Top with more dough and roll into a large cookie ball. Place on baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies for about 14 minutes or until browned around the edges, but still soft in the center.
7. Allow cookies to cool on cooking sheet for a few minutes then remove and place on cooling rack.
adapted from: twopeasandtheirpod