A friend of mine loves Snickerdoodles and suggested I make them. Prior to baking this recipe, I never had these before. I’m glad I did. The sugary/cinnamon taste was delicious!
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
2 ¾ cups flour
2 tsps cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
3 tsps cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Mix butter, 1 ½ cups sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
5. Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 in the refrigerator.
6. Meanwhile, mix 3 tbps sugar and 3 tsps cinnamon in a small bowl.
7. After 15 minutes, remove dough from refrigerator.
8. Scoop 1 inch balls of dough into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
9. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
10. Place on cooled cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
11. Remove, and place on cooling rack.
found on allrecipes