Mandelbrot is my family’s favorite!
½ cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 grated lemon rind
3 cups flour (Plus a little extra on the side)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup slivered almonds (optional)
cookie baking sheet
1. Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
2. Beat eggs and sugar well in a bowl.
3. Add in oil, vanilla and lemon rind.
4. Add flour sifted with baking powder.
5. Add in chocolate chips or slivered almonds if using.
6. Dough should be very soft. On a floured board (I just use the counter and pour a bit of flour on it), with floured hands, roll, pat and shape dough into 3-4 long loaves about 3 inches wide and 3/3” high.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the loaves.
8. Place on greased cookie sheet in pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes or until light brown.
9. Remove from oven. Slice loaves while still slightly warm into 3/8” slices on a diagonal.