1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
grated rind of 1 lemon
½ tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 lb cooked prunes, pitted and chopped
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sugar
* in addition to prunes, you can use apricot preserve, raspberry preserve, or chocolate chips as a filling ((chocolate chips are my personal favorite!))
1. Mix first five ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended.
2. Add flour and baking powder. Stir to form a dough. Cover dough; chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.
3. To make prune filling, mix all ingredients together blending well.
4. Pre-heat oven to 375˚F,
5. Form dough into a ball. Cut ball in half, roll out each half 1/8- inch thick on lightly floured board. Cut into 3 inch circles.
6. Spoon 1 tsp of filling (your choice of filling – prune, apricot, raspberry or chocolate chip) in center of each circle
7. Fold dough and pinch edges to form a triangle shape.
8. Place cookies 1 inch apart on lightly oiled cookie sheets.
9. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden.