4 Tablespoons salted butter
5 cups packed fresh baby spinach
1 large egg
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
box large shells pasta
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese + extra
2 cups tomato sauce
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Melt butter in a large frying pan and add spinach. Using a pair of cooking tongs, occasionally turn spinach in the pan until it is wilted, but not completely cooked then remove from heat.
3. Add pasta to pot of boiling water. Cook for 8-9 minutes or recommended cooking time then remove from heat.
3. In a large serving bowl, whisk together egg, mozzarella, ricotta, and tomato sauce. Stir in cooked spinach.
5. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
6. While the oven is warming up, spray baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
7. On a flat surface, place down cooked shells. Using a spoon, stuff the shells with the cheese, egg, sauce and spinach mixture.
8. Place “stuffed” shells into baking pan and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted. (Before placing shells into the oven I added extra sauce and shredded mozzarella on top.)