Had two bags of butterscotch chips that have been sitting in the cabinet for about 6 months. Had to use them up. Came across this recipe online and decided to bake cookies. I’m not a huge fan of butterscotch, but these cookies came out really good. I’ll definitely make them again!
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick oats
1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375*F.
2. In a stand mixer beat butter, white sugar and brown sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended.
5. Stir in the oats and the butterscotch chips.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown. (I baked them for 12 minutes to get crispy)
found on pinterest