Beginning to experiment with cupcake recipes. This is the first one I tried. They weren’t as cake-y as I would have liked, but they tasted good nonetheless. Below, I also have posted a link to the frosting I made for the topping (which tastes phenomenal!) I also added sprinkles into the batter, and a strawberry on top for a little decor!
(Makes 24-27 cupcakes)
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1 1/2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsps vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
1. Line muffin tin with paper liners. Heat oven to 350*F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for one minute.
4. Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin)
5. Fill liners 2/3 full with batter.
6. Bake cupcakes for aproximately 20-25 minutes. (Toothpick will come out clean of batter when finished)
7. Cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
Buttercream Frosting recipe: https://happinessismadeinthekitchen.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/butter-cream-frosting/