I love a good veggie dish, and this was so simple to put together.
1 whole spaghetti squash
2 tsps olive oil
1 red pepper, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 carrot, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounces tomato sauce
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Poke spaghetti squash all over with a knife and cook in the microwave for 10-12 minutes until soft.
3. In a large skillet, over medium heat, combine olive oil, garlic, pepper, zucchini, and carrots until tender.
4. Cut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and with a fork, scrape the flesh from the peel. (It should flake off easily in strings, resembling spaghetti.)
5. In a casserole dish, place the spaghetti squash flesh, cooked veggies, sauce, and most of the cheese and mix well.
6. Sprinkle leftover cheese on top and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.