I am especially excited about this recipe, because it has all of my favorite ingredients. It was quite the tasty dinner!
2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, then cut in half lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
3/4-pound ground turkey meat
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup tomato-basil marinara sauce
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Use a small spoon to scrape out the insides of each zucchini half – the pulp. (Don’t scrape the zucchini all the way to the skin- just make a deep pocket where you’ll be able to put the stuffing. Save the pulp and chop it.)
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini pulp, onion, garlic and turkey meat. Cook together about 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until the onions are softened and the meat is cooked through. Pour the mixture through a fine colander to drain the excess moisture. Transfer the meat mixture to a medium bowl.
4. Add the sauce and fresh basil to the meat mixture.
5. Divide the meat mixture between the hollowed out zucchini, filling and mounding into each one.
6. Top boats with shredded cheese.
7. Place boats in baking pan. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until baked through and tender.
found on: recipegirl