I’ve never eaten Zucchini Bread before, but if this is what it’s supposed to taste like, it tastes great!
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of natural applesauce
2 cups of grated zucchini (don’t drain)
3 tsp of vanilla extract
3 cups of flour
2 1/2 cups of white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease one large loaf pan.
2. Cream together wet ingredients and sugar.
3. Add dry ingredients and blend together.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes then gently add chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing, then eat and enjoy!
*Note: You could also put the chocolate chips in the batter. Truthfully, that was my original intention but I forgot them until the bread was already in the oven for 20 minutes! On top or in the batter, either way the chocolate chips give this zucchini bread a tasty twist.