A little twist to a regular chocolate chip cookie.
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (12oz pkg) chocolate chips + extra for melting (about 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in morsels.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
10. While cookies are cooling, place remaining chocolate chips into microwave safe bowl.
11. Place in microwave for 10 seconds, and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
12. Dip half of cooled chocolate chip cookie into the melted chocolate.
13. Place cookie on parchment paper and place in refrigerator until melted chocolate hardens.
original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie recipe