Mmmmmm. Tastes as good as the ones from Pepperidge Farm.
serving size: makes about 50 cookies
14 tbsp (7 oz) unsalted butter, softened (I used 1 cup)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
8 to 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
For the toppings – 1/2 to 2/3 cup of one of the following:
1/3 cup toasted chopped pecans, shredded coconut, crushed candy cane, crushed pretzels, chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
3. Add in the next 4 ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Divide the dough into 1″ balls, roll the dough balls into 2 1/4″ long sausage shapes, place onto a lined cookie sheet.
5. Flatten the sausages of dough into oval shapes– about 1/4 inch thick, spaced 1/2″ apart on the cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 17-20 minutes until they are a light golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
7. Once cooled, spread about 1/2 tsp of melted chocolate onto the bottom of each cookie, and sprinkle with your desired toppings.
8. Let the chocolate set at room temperature.
recipe found on: toppedwithcinnamon