½ tsp active, dry yeast
1 c warm water (100-105 degrees)
2 ½ c flour
1 tsp salt
⅓ c nutella
cornmeal for dusting (I used more flour)
1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water (to use as an egg wash)
1. Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup of the water. Let sit for 10 minutes to activate.
2. Combine flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add yeast and the remaining water, and mix on low with a paddle attachment. (If using a regular mixer, mix until dough forms a ball)
3. Turn speed up to medium, and replace hook with knead hook. Kead dough until satiny smooth, about 7 minutes. Dough should hold its shape but still be a little sticky. (If your’re not using a stand mixer, remove dough from bowl and hand knead for about 10 minutes, dough should remain a little sticky.)
4. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover bowl with a damp towel. Set in a warm place, and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to form a rectangle, roughly 12” x 15” in size.
6. Spread nutella in an even layer on the surface, leaving a ½ inch border of dough.
7. Roll tightly and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet that’s been sprinkled with cornmeal (flour.)
8. Split the dough down the middle, leaving one end intact. Twist ends around each other, making a braided look (have cut side of dough towards the top.)
9. Cover dough with a towel and let sit 20 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush surface of the bread with the egg wash.
11. Bake bread at 375°F for 20 minutes. Raise temperature to 425°F and bake until lightly browned on top, about 5-7 minutes more.
12. Remove from oven, and let cool before serving.
recipe found on: http://kokocooks.com/2013/02/braided-nutella-bread/