so delicious. perfect for a chilly night!
2 cups lentils, dry
3 large carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup diced tomatoes (with liquid)
6 cups low sodium chicken (vegetable) broth (I added an extra 2 cups cause it was too thick)
1 large onion, finely diced
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp seasoning salt
3 bay leaves
2 cups water
1. Soak lentils in cold water for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat medium-large pot on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
3. Add garlic and onions, sautee until golden brown.
4. Add carrots and celery, sautee for 5 minutes.
5. Add lentils and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
6. Add diced tomatoes, chicken stock, water, bay leaves, spinach, and seasoning salt.
7. Cover and cook on low for 30-40 minutes. (lentils should be softened)
found on: ifoodreal