I think I may like this better than with pasta. SO delicious!
1 lb ground turkey meat (browned on stove with garlic powder, or fresh minced garlic, chopped onions and ground pepper)
3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick
15 oz part-skim ricotta
16 oz part-skin mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. In small bowl mix together. ricotta and mozzarella cheese with 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
3. In large bowl, mix together browned meat with 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
4. In baking dish, spread bottom with tomato sauce (to prevent zucchini from sticking)
5. Layer a single layer of zucchini slices on top of tomato sauce.
6. Spoon meat/sauce mixture ontop of the slices.
7. Spoon cheese mixture ontop of meat and spread so the meat is covered.
8. Place another layer of zucchini slices on top.
9. Spread tomato sauce over the slices, and then sprinkle more mozzarella cheese ontop.
10.Bake in oven for 20 minutees, until cheese topping is completely melted.