1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
5. Add flour mixture mixing until well combined.
6. Stir in oats and raisins.
7. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
9. Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack.