My grandmother’s apple crip recipe!
6 apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
6 tbs butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, walnuts, raisins and 1/2 cup sugar. Pour into baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar with flour. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Spread mixture over the apples.
5. Bake until top is lightly browned, about 45 minutes.