I had rotting bananas on the counter and wanted to make something other than my usual banana bread. These cookies are quite delicious and don’t have too much of a banana taste.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheet.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat on low speed until pale and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
5. Mix in banana.
6. Add flour and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
8. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake cookies until golden brown and just set, about 12 to 13 minutes.
10. Allow to cool on baking sheet a few minutes before moving to cooling rack.
recipe found on: sixsistersstuff