fantastic breakfast or snack !
3 and 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup ground flax
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, flax, almonds, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over mediumheat, melt the mashed banana, Nutella, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt together. Allow to boil and bubble for about 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and pour over the dry ingredients. Stir ingredients together.
5. Spread the oats on the baking sheet in a thin even layer.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and stir. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Allow granola to cool completely; it will harden and crunch up as it is exposed to air.
recipe adapted from: sallysbakingaddiction.com