1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
plenty of Nutella.
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
2. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
3. Add in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. (The batter should be crumbly.)
4. Roll dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from freezer and form dough into small round disks, about 2-3 inches in diameter and uniformly thick. (You want your cookies to all sort of match each other in size because you will be placing one of top of another to form sandwich cookies.)
6. Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. Once cool, spoon a couple of tablespoons of Nutella on one cookie and place another on top.
found on: abeautifulmess.typepad.com