This recipe can be found on the back of a Mueller’s Elbow Macaroni box. It is the only mac & cheese I will eat. so goood!
8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cup margarine or butter
3 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp salt (optional)
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups (8 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1. Cook elbow macaroni for 9 minutes.
2. Drain, cover and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. In medium saucepan, melt margarine or butter; blend in flour, mustard, salt (if used), and pepper.
5. Cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly; gradually add milk.
6. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
7. Gradually mix in cheese. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
8. Add pasta; mix together lightly. Pour into 2 quart casserole.
9. Top with bread crumbs.
10. Bake 25 minutes.