a great thanksgiving side-dish!
1 bunch (1 lb.) beets, red or golden, trimmed and scrubbed
1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded
1 large yam, peeled
1 large parsnip, peeled
1 large carrot, peeled
1/2 red onion
6 – 8 whole garlic cloves
3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
2. Cut vegetables into 1 ½ inch chunks.
3. Toss vegetables in a large bowl with garlic cloves, thyme leaves, and 3 tbsp olive oil till evenly coated.
4. Spread vegetables out evenly on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle vegetables generously with salt and lots of black pepper.
6. Roast the vegetables in the hot oven for about 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking, until vegetables are tender and starting to turn golden.
found on: theshiksa.com