I have been meaning to make sesame chicken for quite some time now. The only ingredient I didn’t have in the house was the sesame seeds. And now that I finally remembered to pick some up at the grocery store I made it. This recipe tastes so so good! Honestly, better than any takeout restaurant I’ve ever eaten.
So simple to make!!
1 1/2lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp dry onion
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp corn starch
3 tbsp water
1. Put chicken in crockpot.
2. In a small bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil and garlic.
3. Pour over chicken.
4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2hrs – 2 1/2 hrs until chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave in sauce.
6. In a small dish, dissolve corn starch in water. Stir into sauce in crock pot. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
7. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to crock pot – can leave chicken in and simmer on low serve.
8. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
found on: pinterest