48 Hershey’s Kisses
1/2 cup shortening (I didn’t have shortening so I used a stick of butter instead)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
additional granulated sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates, set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
4. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
5. Gradually beat flour mixture into peanut butter mixture.
6. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
9. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
found on: hersheyskitchen.com