one of my favorite desserts of all time!
this recipe came out very moist and tastes delicious. It was the perfect texture!
1 1/4 cup cake flour
1/2 cup dry instant vanilla pudding mix (about one small 3.4 oz package)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp almond extract (I’m only going to use half a tsp next time, the taste was very strong in the cake)
3/4 cup milk, room temperature
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup very hot water
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9in loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the cake flour, vanilla pudding mix (powder form), baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a larger mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together the butter, sugar, eggs and almond extract until the mixture turns light yellow in color.
4. Beat in half of the milk and half of the sifted flour mixture, then beat in the remaining milk and flour mixture. Whip until the batter is smooth and creamy.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and 1/3 cup of very hot water until smooth.
6. Pour a little less than half of the cake batter into the cocoa/water bowl. Whisk together until fully combined and smooth. (this is your chocolate marbling batter.)
7. Reserve the rest of the batter from the mixing bowl (this is your light cake marbling batter.)
8. Pour the light and dark cake batters into your greased loaf pan and marble them. ***
9. Bake the marble cake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
10. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and let it cool completely on the rack.
This cake will keep at room temperature for 3-4 days; wrap in plastic wrap or foil to seal in the moisture.
*** Instructions how to marble if you don’t know how:
found on: theshiksa.com