yum yum yum
4 tbsp olive oil
2-3 large eggplants, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise (about 16 slices total)
1 (10 ounce) package Green Giant frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained **or use 1-2 cups fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
2 large eggs
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
2 tsp dried oregano
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 450F. Line two baking sheets with foil.
2. Place eggplant slices on sheets and drizzle with olive oil (on both sides). Bake the eggplant, about 10 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through, until soft and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 400F.
4. Cook spinach as directed on package if using frozen, is using fresh, skip to next step.
5. In the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta, oregano, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and spinach.
7. Place about 3 tbsp of the ricotta mixture on one end of a slice of eggplant, roll it up, and transfer it to the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices and ricotta mixture.
8. Pour the remaining sauce over the eggplant rolls and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
recipe adapted from: thesweetslife.com