I love the taste of chocolate and nuts and often spend too much money on buying bars and containers of chocolate covered nuts at the supermarket. Instead of running out to the store, I decided to make my own.
2 cups semisweet, bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups assorted nuts, such as hazelnuts, almonds and cashews
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl, and in 30 second increments, melt chocolate in microwave. Stirring after each 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Combine melted chocolate and nuts bowl.
4. Scrape the mixture onto the foil and spread it into an approximate 12-by-9-inch rectangle. 5. Sprinkle with additional finely chopped nuts, if desired.
6. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
7. Transfer the chocolate bar and foil to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
found on: eating well.com