one of my favorite breakfasts!
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup all-purpose)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup buttermilk (you can use regular milk, except fat-free, as a substitute)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set pan aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
3. In medium bowl, stir together melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until well blended. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the liquid mixture into the well and gently stir until combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Spoon batter into muffins cups.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
adapted from: twopeasandtheirpod