I love adding vegetables to pasta dishes!
8 oz. ziti pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups tomato sauce + extra few tablespoons
1 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 C (about 5 oz.) of fresh spinach, chopped
1-2 C kale, chopped (make sure the large stem chunks are taken out)
1 large chicken breast, cubed and cooked through (or use one can of chicken, drained)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 TBSP dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 C ricotta cheese
1/4 C parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a baking dish with a tablespoon or two of tomato sauce and set aside.
2. In a large pan, sauté garlic in the olive oil for 3-5 minutes until golden and fragrant.
3. Add spinach, and sauté until kale starts to shrivel up.
3. In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 cups tomato sauce.
6. Add in cooked pasta and cooked kale. Combine well.
7. Add mixture to baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
adapted from skinnytaste.com