2 cups flour
¾ cups cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs,
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients. (if dough seems a bit sticky and dry – add a few tablespoons of water to thin out to the consistency of thick cake batter).
5. Stir in almonds.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into two logs the length of the baking sheet. Transfer the logs onto the baking sheet. Gently flatten the tops.
7. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and cool about 15 minutes.
9. On a cutting board, use a serrated knife to diagonally cut the cookies into ½-inches slices. Return the cookies cut-side down onto the baking sheets and place back into the oven for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, until the cookies feel mostly firm.
10. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
adapted from: laughingspatula.com