4 cups flour
4 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 Tbsp butter, cold
1 cup raisins
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1¾ cups buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
4. With a paddle attachment on a stand mixer, or a knife, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is mixed in well. Add in raisins.
5. Create a well in the mixture and pour in your egg and buttermilk.
6. Stir the dry ingredients into the liquid slowly until it is solid enough to kneed.
7. Knead with a dough hook, or on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. The dough should remain somewhat shaggy looking and a little sticky.
8. Transfer the dough to pan and use a large knife to cut an X into the dough about 1 inch deep.
9. Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. The bread should sound hollow when tapped.
10. Remove to a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
recipe found on: premeditatedleftovers.com