1/2 lb (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
10-12oz raspberry jam (with or without seeds)
2/3 cups granola
1/4 cup sliced almonds
confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until combined. Add in vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, sift together flour and salt. Gradually add into sugar mixture until it almost comes together into the shape of a ball.
4. Place dough onto a floured surface. Use about 2/3 of the dough and pat evenly into the a 9-inch square baking pan covering the bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides.
5. Spread raspberry jam on top of dough.
6. Use remaining dough and mix with the granola. Break dough into small bits and distribute on top of the jam. Sprinkle almonds on top.
7. Bake bars at 350F for 45 minutes, until lightly browned.
8. Cool completely, and cut into bars. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners’ sugar.
recipe found in familycircle magazine