2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 cups oil
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts) optional
** cream cheese frosting ingredients/recipe on bottom
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two 9″ round baking pans. Set aside.
2. Mix together in a bowl together flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla.
4. Beat in dry ingredients to the wet mixture until combined.
5. Stir in the grated carrots, and nuts if desired.
6. Pour batter in prepared pans and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow cake to completely cool before frosting. Garnish with additional nuts.
**Cream Cheese Frosting
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue mixing until well combined.