looking to stay away from a boxed mix.. this recipe is a great find!
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 stick butter, softened
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1. Place softened butter into stand mixer and mix on medium for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add dry ingredients into stand mixer and combine with butter for 30 seconds.
3. Add milk, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix on medium-high for one minute.
4. Pour batter into prepare pans.
5. Bake at 350. For 9-inch pans its 20-25 minutes. For cupcakes start checking around 15 minutes.
Cool before frosting.
found on: iambaker.net