(one spaghetti squash fed both me and my sister – we each had a half)
2 small/medium ripe spaghetti squash
salt and fresh pepper, to taste
4 thin chicken cutlets, about 3 oz each
2 cups tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 cups fresh spinach
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast about an hour or until the skin gives easily under pressure and the inside is tender. (If you prefer the microwave, cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and fibers and place on a microwave safe dish and cover. Microwave 8-9 minutes.)
2. Meanwhile, season chicken to your liking, and grill on BBQ; set aside on a dish.
3. Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven or microwave and carefully fluff the spaghetti-like strands on each half with a fork, leaving the squash in the shell. Season with salt and pepper, then spoon about 1/4 cup sauce in each boat.
4. Sauté spinach on high-heat stove in a buttered frying pan (about 5 minutes.)
5. Slice the chicken on the diagonal and place each piece on top of each squash half.
6. Top the chicken with 1/4 cup each of remaining sauce, spinach,and then cheese.
7. Place back into the hot oven and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is hot, about 10-12 minutes.
found on: skinnytaste.com