** before baking please read ((copied from the original recipe posted))
Dorothy’s Cake Roll Rules 101:
*You cannot use a cake mix for cake roll recipes, unless you edit the ingredients and only use part of the mix.
*You must use LOTS of powdered sugar on your rolling towel. The area where the cake is going to go needs to be white. Not see-through white but white. Probably about 1/4-1/2 cup at least. When you turn your cake onto it the powdered sugar will cover your floor, your counter, you, your dog, and your child across the room. That’s how you know you’ve used enough.
*To prevent cracking, the cake needs to be hot when you roll it. HOT. As in, you’re burning your fingers on the pan (use oven mitts!) when you turn it out and the heat of the cake through the towel is slightly uncomfortable but not enough to give you a burn. Roll it as soon as it comes out of the oven, waiting no longer than 1 minute before transferring it to the towel.
*The cake must be completely cool before unrolling. At least two hours…maybe more.
After filling and re-rolling, chill for at least 30 minutes (or longer!) before slicing.
FOR THE CAKE:
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
2 cups shredded zucchini **pat down to drain out some of the water
Powdered sugar, to aid in rolling (see note)
FOR THE FILLING:
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll (10×15”) pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes, until frothy and dark yellow. Beat in sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
3. Whisk together salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and flour. Stir into wet ingredients just until blended. Stir in carrots.
4. Spread in prepared pan. Batter will be in a very thin layer and you will need to use a wooden spoon or spatula to spread it to all the corners of the pan. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
5. While the cake is baking, set a clean kitchen towel out on a large work surface. Sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar (about 1/4-1/2 cup). As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, turn it over on the kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove foil carefully.
6. Working at the short end, fold the edge of the towel over the cake. Roll tightly, rolling up the cake into the towel. Let cool completely while rolled, at least two hours.
7. While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.
8. When cake is cool, carefully unroll the towel. Spread the filling on the cake evenly, and re-roll tightly. Chill until it firms up a bit, at least thirty minutes to one hour. Slice and serve. Cake can be wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to one month.
found on: crazyforcrust.com