can be baked in a bundt or tube cake pan, 2-3 loaf pans or a 9×13 in sheet pan… baking times will be adjusted according to choice of pan
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup warm coffee or strong tea
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup rye or whisky (see Note below)
1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the pan(s) with butter and then sprinkle flour on top.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
2. Make a well in the center and add the oil, honey, sugars, eggs, vanilla, coffee, orange juice, and rye or whisky.
3. Using a strong wire whisk or an electric mixer on slow speed, combine the ingredients well making sure that no ingredients are stuck to the bottom of the bowl. (The batter will bit a bit liquidly)
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan(s) and sprinkle the top of the cake(s) evenly with the almonds. Place the cake pan(s) on 2 baking sheets stacked together and bake until the cake springs back when you touch it gently in the center. For angel and tube cake pans, bake for 60 to 70 minutes; loaf cakes, 45 to 55 minutes. For sheet-style cakes, the baking time is 40 to 45 minutes. Cake should spring back when gently pressed.
5. Let the cake stand for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan. Then invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer not to use the whisky, replace it with orange juice or coffee.
found on epicurious.com