This is my great-grandmother’s sour cream coffee cake recipe!
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
**Optional add in 1 cup of chocolate chips to batter, or sprinkle a cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of batter placed in the baking pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a tube or loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine dry ingredients; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4. Alternate adding in sour cream with dry ingredients to bowl and continue to mix until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan, and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.