2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Fuji or Gala apple, coarsely grated
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and allspice in a bowl; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars and eggs; whisk until smooth. Stir in grated apple and vanilla extract, then stir in flour mixture until combined.
4. Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until just set around the edges about 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
5. Once cooled completely, make glaze. Whisk the confectioners’ sugar and milk in a bowl and then drizzle on the cookies and let sit for a few minutes for glaze to harden.
found in food network magazine