1 (2 to 3 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cups chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
2. In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree.
5. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
found in the food network magazine