**this recipe is for frosting an entire cake with rose decorations, if you don’t plan to use so much frosting, cut the recipe in half
*** TASTES SO GOOOD!!
2 cups unsalted butter (4 sticks) at room temp.
7½ cups powdered sugar (or one 2lb bag)
1 cup good quality cocoa powder
1 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream
1. Place room temperature butter and vanilla into a stand mixer and beat at medium-high for about three minutes. You want it to appear lighter and fluffier.
2. While butter is in mixer add powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt to a bowl and mix with a whisk. (sift)
3. With mixer off, add in one cup of the powdered sugar and cocoa mixture. Turn mixer on to low and then slowly add in remaining powdered sugar mixture, one cup at a time.
4. With mixer still on low, add in milk. Turn mixer to medium high and blend for at least two minutes.
5. Frosting will appear very light, but it will darken as it sets.
found on iambaker.net