the best sugar cookie dough !!
1-½ cup butter (I Use Unsalted) 3 sticks
2 cups sugar
2 whole eggs
2 whole eggs yolks
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
2. Add in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix until combined.
3. Add in vanilla and almond extract; mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly (about a cup at a time) add flour to butter mixture and combine.
5. I usually just mix ingredients until they are combined, as I have heard that if you over-mix this dough it will get tough.
6. Put dough in some Saran wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. When you are ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough out, cut out cookies, and bake for 6-8 minutes.
*dough can be saved for later use and frozen for up to 3 months – place dough in a Ziploc bag and into the freezer
found on: iambaker.net