– olive oil
– 1/2 cup almonds
– 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
– 1 egg
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ strips
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat baking pan with olive oil; set aside.
2. Using either a food processor, or a zip-top bag and a mallet, mash the almonds until crushed into fine crumbs. Mix with panko, and place in a shallow dish or plate. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the egg, place in another shallow dish or plate. Set aside.
4. Dredge each chicken piece in the egg mixture. Then, press the chicken into the almond mixture, making sure to coat all sides. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining pieces.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown.