2-3 yellow squash, cut into thin strips by either a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler
2-3 cups tomato sauce
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup baby spinach, uncooked
* I was able to get 6 raviolis; so use more/less ingredients depending on how many people you are serving. You’ll need 3-4 slices of squash per ravioli.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. While oven is pre-heating, cut squash slices.
3. Sprinkle a baking pan with a little olive oil, and then lay down slices and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes to soften.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together cheeses, 1 cup of sauce and spinach leaves.
5. After removing squash from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes before removing them. *keep the oven on because you will need to bake the squash again.
6. On a flat surface, place two pieces of the squash horizontal and then lay on top two more pieces vertical.
7. Place the cheese mixture in the center of the two pieces, fold the squash to the center and carefully flip over. You can use a tooth pick to hold them in place if they aren’t staying folded.
8. Coat the bottom of a small baking dish, or pyrex, with tomato sauce. Then place the ravioli in the baking dish. Top the raviolis with a small layer of additional sauce and some more shredded mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake for about 20-25 minutes; allowing the squash to soften more, and the cheese to melt; then remove from oven and serve !!