One of my favorite foods to bake is quick bread; so easy to bake and tastes delicious [I especially love to eat a slice toasted for breakfast – yum!] And this bread fits that description perfectly!
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup applesauce
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, beat together egg, butter, and applesauce.
5. Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture until just blended.
6. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
found on: tablespoon.com