1/3 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup nondairy milk (soy, almond, or rice)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
2. Whisk together oil, sugar, nondairy milk, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Gently whisk flour mixture into the sugar-mixture bowl until well combined.
5. Fold in pumpkin (try not to over-stir, the batter will become sticky – but still workable)
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Fill liners two-thirds full.
8. Bake for 24-26 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to let cool.
10. If you would like to add glaze onto the muffins, read below…
** There was a glaze included in the original recipe that I omitted.. but here it is if you would like to add it to your muffins.
1/4 cup brown rice syrup or honey
1 tablespoon margarine or coconut oil, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
Add glaze to muffins once out of the oven.
recipe found on: pop sugar.com
To make icing: Whisk together rice syrup, margarine, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Using a fork, drizzle icing atop completely cooled cupcakes.