a veggie-packed soup perfect for chilly weather! (even though it’s 81 degrees out today here in NC)
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
6 cups vegetable broth
2 1/2 cups 3/4in diced, yukon gold potatoes
1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, diced
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 1/2 tsp mined fresh rosemary, or oregano (or tsp if dried)
2 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme (or 1 tsp if dried)
2 bay leaves
2/3 cup dry pasta
2 cups slightly packed, chopped kale (thick ribs removed)
1 (14.5) can red or white kidney beans
1. Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onions, celery and carrots and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic, let sit another minute.
3. Stir in vegetable broth, potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes and spices.
4. Bring stove heat to high and bring soup to a boil; stir in pasta.
5. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Stir in kale, and kidney beans.
7. Allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Remove bay leaves, and serve warm.
recipe found on: fithealthyrecipes