- 1 box (1-pound) rigatoni pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- butter for baking dish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, washed and diced into 1-inch cubes.
- 2 cups spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (28-ounces) diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 tub (15-ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta al dente, according to box directions.
- While pasta is cooking, butter a 13×9 baking dish; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in diced eggplant, season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 7 minutes; stirring occasionally
- Mix in tomatoes and cook until heated through; about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in ricotta and 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Pour pasta into prepared baking dish and mix in the eggplant mixture and basil; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
recipe found on diethood.com